DIY: Aloe Vera Juice

2:26 PM

Aloe Vera is known as the all healing plant. It is good for detoxifying the body, aiding in digestion, healing damage to internal organs, and strengthening your immune system. Drinking aloe vera juice is a great way to get the benefits of aloe in a drink form that's easy to take and delicious at that! Beware of store bought aloe vera juice that has more sugar and other crap then actual aloe vera. To be on the safe side I like to make my own at home. That way I know exactly what I'm drinking and don't have to worry about harmful fillers or preservatives; and it's fresh and customizable! I like anything I do in the kitchen to be as simple as possible. In my opinion, the fewer steps the better. So, when I make my own aloe vera juice I'll use about 3-5 ingredients. In this recipe I'm only using 3. I had a few oranges laying around so I decided to make a orange aloe juice that was super delicious and refreshing. And magically delicious! ?? nutritious!?!? Something like that. Here is a quick recipe that will have you relaxing while sipping on a nice energizing drink.


What you'll need:
  • blender
  • 2 oranges (juiced)
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 medium sized aloe leaf
IMG_0494










IMG_0842









First, you'll want to get the gel out of the aloe leaf by filleting it and scraping the gel out into a bowl with a spoon. Next add your aloe gel, water and orange juice to the blender and mix until the thick chunks of gel are no longer visible. You will also have a white froth that will form on top. Let it sit for a few minutes then pour your self a glass with ice and enjoy! My oranges weren't that sweet so mine was very sweet but still delicious. It reminded me of orange juice with a little water added to it and the aloe has no taste at all. There's so many variations you can make of this drink. You can substitute the oranges for any fruit you want to make a juice or smoothie with some amazing healing benefits. Let me know what you've come up with in the comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images